Wednesday 11 November 2009

Send me a signal, show me a sign




I have done a fair bit of procrastinating lately. Waiting for a sign or some change to occur. I have avoided work for some time now, since my last experience ended somewhat abruptly, but cushioned fortuitously, by a payment to compensate me for the ordeal it had certainly become.
Consequently I have not been in a rush to resume the experience of honest toil, and have eschewed all opportunities to respond to the imperative of making a living, preferring instead to make elaborate plans for both its avoidance and, in order to distract myself from the inevitability of it, a somewhat romantic spiritual adventure in India. But I have avoided booking the flight awaiting the moment I deem favourable whilst the omens are taken and the auspices considered and mused upon.
Today, out-of-the-blue, I saw a job I am interested in! A rare enough event. Tomorrow is the closing date for applications and interviews take place on the day I was planning my departure! I suppose I could wait for a buzzard to drop a rabbit on me, but that might never happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment